Dr. Alan Bauman was recently featured on AntiAging Hacks video podcast titled, ‘How PDO Threads Can Grow Thicker, Stronger And Longer Hair‘.
On this episode, Dr. Alan Bauman is interviewed on how he is using a facelift technique to help improve the quality of your hair.
Here are the topics discussed:
- How PDO threads could have a positive benefit for hair (apart from being used in facelifts)
- How is the procedure done and what results is Dr. Bauman seeing?
- As a bonus, what is the secret to Dr. Bauman’s own hair?
1:02 – Success And Experience With New PDO Techniques?
- It takes PRP to the next level
- PDO threads were used for skin
- It stimulates hair growth and quality
- Very Quick visual responses in 90 days
- PDO stands for Polydioxanone
5:47 What threads are doing?
- – There is no movement of the skin (No tightening effect)
6:14 What is the effect of PDO threads?
- Weak hair follicle regenerates, so they grow thicker, darker, longer, and stronger hair.PDO process can not make a new follicle to appear if it is dead
6:51 – Combining PDO Growth with PRP?
- PDO Process is a lot more reliable in terms of the impact that is having on the hair follicle.
- PDO turns weaker in stronger hair follicles.
- PDO Growth = PRP + PDO Process
7:48 – Is there a hair loss type where PDO seems more effective?
- PDO is also effective on hair follicle miniaturization.
- It would work very well on traction alopecia cases.
8:22 Response rate to PDO growth?
- Amazing outstanding responses.
9:12 How long do results last from PDO growth procedure?
- Polydioxanone is supposed to last in the skin about 6-12 months.
- Measuring every 90 days how the patient is responding.
10:01 How long does the procedure take?
- PDO takes 90 minutes.
10:12 How much does it hurt?
- You’re not going to feel it because they use a local anesthetic.
- 100% Painless placement of the PDO
10:47 Which clients are not good candidates for PDO procedure?
- It depends on your expectations, some areas will respond great, some will not.
12:02 This is the lunchtime procedure. Can patients go back to work after the procedure?
- Your scalp is going to be cleaned.
- Nothing is going to be visible.
- After PRP and PDO, the scalp is going to look a little bit pink.
- There are no restrictions in terms of activity.
- Don’t use a hairdryer, and don’t wash your head with hot water.
13:00 How safe is this procedure? Are there any side effects?
- It is 100% safe.
- Polydioxanone has been used in millions of surgical procedures in the last 40 years.
- If you react badly, it is possible to take threads out.
13:55 How to find your PDO provider?
- Look for the PDO growth trademark.
- If you want to learn how to do PDO, go to https://baumanprpclass.com/pdogro-class
15:03 What are you doing for your hair?
- Dr. Bauman was paranoid about his hair when he was growing up
- He regularly uses laser light therapy, topical medications and nutritional supplementation
16:06 How do you do consults with people?
- All consults are done personally
- Patients are going to have an hour to an hour and a half in the office
- Medical history
- Assesses medical risk factors – Measurements are done every time a patient comes to the office
16:52 Do you do virtual consults with people?
- Remote or video consults are available via Skype, Zoom, Facetime…
- There is a limit to what they can do online.
17:51 Where people can find you online?
- instagram at @dralanbauman, twitter at @dralanbauman
- There is a lot of information on that website
- Before and after photos are available
- More than 9000 procedures since 1997!
- One of the first hair surgeons on YouTube