Don’t Stress About Hair Loss This Summer
South Florida Health & Wellness – by Alan J Bauman MD ABHRS
The past few months have been incredibly stressful. Stress not only takes an emotional toll, but it can also impact us physically, including the health of our hair. Thankfully, we are seeing some light at the end of the tunnel.
Whether recent stress has taken a toll on your hair, or if you simply want to look your best as you reemerge from lockdown, there is no reason to stress about hair loss this summer.
We are thankful for the opportunity to be safely operating again as a “COVID-Protected” facility to serve our current patients, as well as new patients, who are ready to move forward with their hair restoration evaluations, treatments, and procedures. Countless studies confirm that hair loss is much more than a cosmetic issue and can have serious implications on our mental well-being and feelings about ourselves. During these stressful times, taking action and doing something that will make you feel good, inside and out, is more important than ever.
Whether your treatments were put on hold, or you put off making an appointment, we are excited to welcome patients safely back to begin, or continue with, their hair restoration journey.
Bauman Medical is now once again able to offer all services and procedures to patients, including:
- Minimally-Invasive, Permanent, No-Linear-Scar Follicular Unit Excision/Extraction (FUE) Hair Transplant using SmartGraft®, NeoGraft®, ARTAS® robotic-assisted, or other devices.
- PDOgro™ – Polydioxanone threads for hair growth
- Non-surgical 3D-Printed Hair Systems or Cranial Prostheses
- High-Density Platelet Rich Plasma (HD-PRP) “Vampire” Hair Regrowth Therapy with Extracellular Matrix (ECM)
- Compounded Formula 82M Minoxidil – a more powerful, non-greasy Rogaine alternative
- Compounded Formula 82F Topical Finasteride + Minoxidil – designed to reduce the risk of
side-effects from oral finasteride (Propecia).
- Low-Level Laser Therapy – FDA-cleared, drug-free, side-effect-free hair regrowth using powerful physician-only devices such as CapillusRX 312 or the Bauman “Turbo” LaserCap devices for at-home use.
Nutritionals & Nutraceuticals: SuperBiotin, Nutrafol & ViviscalPRO
Hair Mass measurements using HairCheck® to help non-invasively evaluate hair loss conditions, measure early responses to therapy over time – months before they’re noticeable to the naked eye –and also determine exactly when to repeat your PRP or PDOgro treatments.
Scientific “Scalp Makeover®” – evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment regimens for itchy, dry, flaking or oily conditions and other scalp imbalances that can impair healthy hair growth.
Hair Loss Risk Management – the identification and reduction of medical and lifestyle risk factors that detrimentally impact hair growth.
There are some exciting new offerings from the “Bauman eStore,” like our new VirtualPRP™ Home Kits – which offer patients an effective at-home treatment option. The VirtualPRP™ Home Kit is the next best thing to an in-office PRP or PDOgro treatment and combines low-level laser therapy, stem cell technology, and potent nutraceuticals in a powerful, at-home solution. This kit allows patients to begin, or continue, their hair restoration journey without sacrificing quality and effectiveness.
Additionally, our eStore is open for haircare, nutritional, laser device, and other product orders and refills (excluding prescription items) for discreet shipping directly to your home. If you have questions about what hair growth treatments you could be doing at home during this time (e.g., prescriptions, laser devices, vitamins/supplements, hair care, VirtualPRP™ Home Kit, etc.) please contact the office or set up a Virtual or In-office Consultation.
While we are excited to welcome patients, new and old, back into the office, we also understand that some patients still may not be ready to visit us in person. This is why we will continue offering Virtual Consults, Virtual Follow-ups, as well as an expanded menu of at-home treatment options – to allow our patients to
begin, or continue, their hair restoration journey from the comfort of their own home.
On a closing note, we’d like our patients to know that during these uncertain times, we will continue to keep your health and safety as a top priority as we help you achieve your hair restoration goals.
What Patients Can Expect at Bauman Medical’s “COVID-Protected” Hair Transplant Facility:
- We will continue to vigilantly screen our staff for ANY health issues.
- We are pre-screening patients in advance of their arrival to the office.
- We are screening patients when they arrive, including temperature checks and symptom screenings.
- We are prepared to conduct COVID testing with patients and staff if necessary.
- We are limiting the number of patients in our facility, especially in waiting areas, to maintain social distancing.
- All visits will be by appointment only, no walk-in appointments will be accepted at this time.
- All patients will be required to wear a mask and all of our staff will be fully equipped with the appropriate protective gear.
- As we have done since the beginning of this situation, we will continue to meticulously sanitize our facility frequently throughout the day, including disinfecting all surfaces, equipment, and seating areas before and after each patient, and performing our extensive Deep Cleaning Protocol on a nightly basis.
*Each individual's treatment and/or results may vary
If you or someone you know has hair loss, hair thinning, baldness, or eyebrow / eyelash concerns, click to start either a long-distance virtual consultation OR an in-person, in-office consultation with Dr. Bauman. You can also Ask Dr. Bauman a Question or simply call Bauman Medical Group toll-free 844-GET-HAIR or +1-561-394-0024.