· A woman’s chance of losing hair after menopause is almost just as high as it is for men at that age, but female pattern hair loss looks different.
· It’s easy to miss the early warning signs of female pattern hair loss – but catching it early is key, as 50% loss can occur before it’s noticeable to the human eye. There are a number of effective treatments for female hair loss, but the best results occur when they’re started early on.
· Hair loss around menopause is common due to changes in hormone levels and activity, but it cannot be commonly cured with hormone replacement alone.
· Genetic predisposition, unusual levels of stress, hormonal imbalances, vitamin deficiencies, crash diets, medications, as well as a history of illness and surgery can also be contributing factors to female hair loss.
· Most women benefit from a combination of pharmaceutical and lifestyle changes in treating their hair loss and thinning. Results are proportional to your level of discipline and compliance with the prescribed regimen*.
· Medical treatments to protect and enhance hair follicle functioning may include compounded topical minoxidil Formula 82M, platelet-rich plasma injections, Latisse/Bimatoprost or other prostaglandin analogs, low-level laser therapy, off-label anti-androgens (for post-menopausal women only) and nutritional supplements like Viviscal Professional and pharmaceutical grade biotin.
· Routine diagnostic and tracking methods with scientific HairCam™ microscopic scalp analysis and HairCheck™ measurements are key to help you and your doctor determine how well your treatments are working and when to make changes to your regimen.
· No-scalpel/No-stitch hair transplant harvesting techniques like NeoGraft and ARTAS robotic-assisted FUE can restore density in severely depleted areas of scalp without the risks of scarring, discomfort, downtime and unnaturalness of old-style procedures.
*Each individual's treatment and/or results may vary
If you or someone you know has hair loss, hair thinning, baldness, or eyebrow / eyelash concerns, click to start either a long-distance virtual consultation OR an in-person, in-office consultation with Dr. Bauman. You can also Ask Dr. Bauman a Question or simply call Bauman Medical Group toll-free 844-GET-HAIR or +1-
Disclaimer: *All patient or client images, videos and testimonials are based on the personal experiences of our patients and represent individual diagnoses, medical conditions, goals and results. Every individual case is unique therefore, results may vary from person to person. All testimonials are provided voluntarily by our patients and clients without monetary compensation and all photos and videos have been consented to for public release and have not been altered in any way. The content contained herein is for education only and should not be considered medical advice. Medical advice may only be given through a one-on-one, private consultation with a physician.