This post comes from a recent Newsletter from Dr. Bauman that you can subscribe to here.
Hello, it’s Dr. Bauman.
If you’re like me, you may have started your day with a cup of coffee.
You know coffee contains caffeine. And you know caffeine makes you feel awake, alert, and energized.
But can caffeine energize your follicles and help you regrow hair? That’s what a team of scientists wanted to know.
To find out, scientists started by looking at scalp biopsies of people with androgenetic alopecia.
As you may know, androgenetic alopecia is a progressive thinning of the scalp hair and a major cause of baldness in both men and women.
Although androgenetic alopecia is a complex condition, the way it causes hair loss is easy to understand: Your body produces DHT as a by-product of testosterone. If you’re genetically susceptible to hair loss, DHT can shrink your hair follicles as well as shorten your hair growth cycle.
And this is where caffeine comes back into the picture.
When scientists applied caffeine to the scalps affected by androgenetic alopecia, something remarkable happened:
Not only did the caffeine counteract the effects of DHT, but it also stimulated measurable hair growth — in just 5 days! (1)
These are very impressive lab results. But can caffeine help reverse hair loss in the real world? The great news is, it can! Look at this study:
In a recent study, scientists asked patients suffering from androgenetic alopecia to apply a topical caffeine solution to their scalps for 6 months.
At the end of the six month study, the patients receiving caffeine treatments had considerably more hair in the growth phase and less hair in the resting phase. That’s amazing! (2)
Just like a cup of coffee energizes you in the morning, caffeine can energize your follicles to grow more hair.
In fact, I’m so impressed by how caffeine supports hair health that I decided to make it a key ingredient in our new BaumanMD BOOST Shampoo & Conditioner.
>> Discover how BaumanMD BOOST makes your hair look and feel great in this video
I formulated BaumanMD BOOST as an In-Shower Trichology System.
This unique shampoo and conditioner is designed to protect, restore, and support hair growth by reducing DHT levels, soothing inflammation, nourishing follicles, and more.
I’ll be honest: I’m a bit of a shampoo and conditioner aficionado.
So I’ve poured a lot of time and energy into ensuring BaumanMD BOOST truly performs: Generous lather, lightweight conditioning, and leaving your hair looking and feeling thicker, fuller and healthier.
I’ve tried dozens of different shampoos and conditioners over the decades, and BaumanMD BOOST leads the pack. I love it and happily recommend it to friends, family, and patients.
>> Grab your own supply of BaumanMD BOOST right here
In addition to caffeine, BaumanMD BOOST is formulated with a potent blend of bioactive ingredients, including:
- Apiscalp®, a natural extract of Apium graveolens (celery) seeds designed to reduce dryness, dandruff, and itching.
- Sandalore®, an “olfactory” compound scientifically proven to prolong the anagen phase, the active phase of the hair growth cycle by triggering olfactory receptors in the outer layer of hair follicles called OR2AT4.
- Procapil®, a patented blend of three natural bioactive substances: oleanolic acid to reduce levels of hair loss-causing DHT, apigenin–a natural vasodilator, and Biotinyl-GHK–a vitamin-bearing peptide.
Procapil® helps keep your follicles nourished and healthy, which in turn makes your hair thicker and stronger.
It helps optimize how your body uses biotin, a nutrient that acts like the “building block” of healthy hair.
And studies show Procapil® even supports hair anti-aging by stimulating follicle cell metabolism, which can slow down hair loss. (3)
On top of that, BOOST also includes saw palmetto and green tea extract to further protect against DHT.
BaumanMD BOOST is designed for daily use and is perfect for anyone with thinning hair.
And every bottle is backed by our 100% Satisfaction 90-Day Money-Back Guarantee:
Try this doctor-formulated shampoo and conditioner in the comfort of your own home.
Use it as directed for the next three months and you’ll be delighted with the look and feel of your hair. That’s my promise to you.
But if you’re disappointed for any reason (or for none at all) simply let us know within 90 days for a prompt and courteous refund.
Ready to get started?
>> Go here to see how Bauman MD BOOST Shampoo and Conditioner turn shower time into scalp and hair health time
Alan J. Bauman, MD
Medical Director of Bauman Medical
1. Bansal M, Manchanda K, Pandey SS. Role of caffeine in the management of androgenetic alopecia. Int J Trichology. 2012 Jul;4(3):185-6. doi: 10.4103/0974-7753.100096. PMID: 23180935; PMCID: PMC3500065.
2. Dhurat R, Chitallia J, May TW, Jayaraaman AM, Madhukara J, Anandan S, Vaidya P, Klenk A. An Open-Label Randomized Multicenter Study Assessing the Noninferiority of a Caffeine-Based Topical Liquid 0.2% versus Minoxidil 5% Solution in Male Androgenetic Alopecia. Skin Pharmacol Physiol. 2017;30(6):298-305. doi: 10.1159/000481141. Epub 2017 Oct 21. PMID: 29055953; PMCID: PMC5804833.
3. baumanmedical .com/wp-content/uploads/2022/
If you or someone you know has hair loss, hair thinning, baldness, or eyebrow / eyelash concerns, click to start either a long-distance virtual consultation OR an in-person, in-office consultation with Dr. Bauman. You can also Ask Dr. Bauman a Question or simply call Bauman Medical Group toll-free 844-GET-HAIR or +1-
*Each individual's treatment and/or results may vary